The Learning Experience® is the fastest growing Academy of Early Education company in the United States, with more than 450 company-owned and franchise centres operating or under development across 29 states. Our exciting international expansion is now underway in the United Kingdom.
When it comes to our people, we’re committed to giving all of them a platform to display their talents, share their ideas and further their careers in early childhood education.
We promote fundamental British values of democracy, rule of law, individual liberty, mutual respect and tolerance for those of different genders, faiths and beliefs. We provide an inclusive environment for any children with special educational needs and/or disabilities. We ensure that there is equal access to all areas of the curriculum for all the children at our nurseries and we include and value the contribution of all our families to our understanding of equality, inclusion and diversity.
Living TLE®’s mission and values every day
Our mission is to make a positive difference in the life of a child, their families, and the communities we serve.
We achieve this mission through three core values: an Innovative Mindset, a Collaborative Spirit, and Community Impact.
Benefits and Company Perks
Diversity and Inclusion
At the Learning Experience UK, we are committed to ensuring that our service is fully inclusive in meeting the needs of the children in our care.
We recognise that children and their families come from a wide range of backgrounds with individual needs, beliefs, and values.
We are committed to anti discriminatory practice to promote equality of opportunity and value the diversity of all children and families using our settings.
Men in childcare
At TLE®, we look for enthusiastic, hard-working people to share in our success—those who love to collaborate, and have a growth mindset, coming together to ensure we offer the best, most effective experience possible.
At The Learning Experience we value an inclusive workforce and embrace diversity within our teams. Mutual respect and teamwork are integral to our culture and form part of our mission and values.
Gender stereotypes are challenged and the recruitment of men into our nurseries is embraced. Equality and diversity are encouraged by men carrying out the same roles as female colleagues, from teaching staff through to senior leadership.
TLE are signed up to the Men in the Early Years (MITEY) Charter. The MITEY Charter is a pledge for nurseries, pre-schools, childminders, nannies and other early years education settings across the UK.
Being signed up to the Charter is a great way to demonstrate and value men’s potential to contribute positively to the care and education of young children and are taking steps to bring them into the workforce.
These are the five points that make up the MITEY Charter:
- We value men’s capacity to care for and educate children, both within families and as professionals.
- We value the benefits to children of being educated and cared for by a diverse, mixed gender early years workforce.
- We acknowledge that the early years education should benefit from early years talent of all, so we are actively seeking to create a workforce that includes men, women and people of with gendered or non-gendered identities.
- We are committed to removing the obstacles that stand in the way of mixed gender in the early years’ workforce, including low pay and status, limited career progression and gender discriminatory treatment.3
- We view early years education as a critical context in which to address gender inequality and stereotypes, for the benefit of children and wider society.
- Download the Men into Childcare PDF