What information we collect and why:
We collect certain information from you and your devices, including “personal data” (or “personal information”). “Personal Data” means any information that can be used, directly or indirectly, to identify you, such as a name, email address, phone number, location data, or online identifier.
We collect certain personal data when you send us a comment through our website. The personal data we collect includes your name, email address, telephone number, and any other information you choose to provide us in the “message” section of our website contact form. We process this information at your request and with your consent, in order to allow us to respond to your inquiry and for you to determine whether to contract for our products or services.
You are not legally required to provide your information. However, by voluntarily providing your information to us through our website, you consent to us using that information to be able to contact you regarding the services or products about which you are inquiring, as well as regarding similar services or products. You may opt out from receiving communications at any time, subject to the terms discussed below.
We also collect information about how you access and use our website. When you visit any website, your browser automatically sends certain information such as browser type, browser language preference, operating system, internet service provider, IP address, device identification number, geo-location data, and online browsing data (like date and time of access to our website, referring website address, pages viewed, features used, links clicked, and other actions you take in connection with the website, sometimes referred to as “clickstream data”). Some browsers have “do not track” features that allow you to tell a website not to track you. These features are not all uniform. We do not currently respond to those signals.
When you first access www.thelearningexperience.co.uk, you will be shown a pop-up window allowing you to view our complete Cookies Policy and asking you to set your cookie preferences. Our Cookies Policy includes a description of the types of cookies and a list of all cookies, arranged by type. Except for strictly necessary cookies, all cookies are inactive by default unless you choose to activate them. Please note, however, that keeping these cookies inactive may affect the functioning of our website as you browse and result in you seeing advertisements that are not personalized to your browsing experience.
You may change your cookies settings at any time by clicking on the “Cookies Settings” button at the bottom of the website homepage. You may need to refresh your page or browser for your changes to take effect.
Your browser may also give you the ability to control cookies. The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to stop accepting new cookies, how to be notified when you receive a new cookie, and how to delete existing cookies. For more information on deleting or controlling cookies, visit www.aboutcookies.org.
What we do with the information we gather:
We collect this information to understand your needs as they relate to TLE and provide you with a better service, including for the following reasons:
- Administrative purposes, such as to respond to your communications or for internal record keeping.
- Operating, evaluating, and improving our business, including developing and enhancing products, managing communications, determining the effectiveness of our sales, marketing, and advertising, and analyzing and enhancing our website.
- Communicating with you, such as through periodic promotional emails about new products or services that are similar to those about which you have previously requested information.
- Enhancing your experience when you visit our website, including by customizing the website to display personalized content and advertising.
- Protecting against, and identifying, fraud and other criminal activity or to exercise or defend legal claims.
How long we keep your information:
We will keep your information only for as long as necessary to achieve the purpose for which it was provided or as long as the law requires us to keep such information – whichever period is longer. We may also delete your information upon a proper request to do so, as set forth further below.
With whom we share the information we gather:
- Internally. Your information may be shared internally among employees of The Learning Experience for the purpose of ensuring we adequately respond to your inquiry and can provide relevant follow-up communications. Some of these employees may be located in the United States of America. A Standard Contractual Clauses agreement is in place, with the aim of ensuring that your data will be subject to the same protections in the United States as in the United Kingdom
- Others Working for Us.We will never sell your information without your explicit prior consent. We may share your information with third parties that perform services on our behalf, including running our websites, sending communications for us, and executing marketing programs and promotions. We will not otherwise share your information with other third parties, except as set forth below, unless we have your prior permission or are required by law to do so.
- Other Third Parties.We may share your information with other third parties, such as law enforcement, other government entities, or our legal counsel: (1) if we believe there has been a violation of our website policies; (2) if we believe that someone may be causing injury to our rights or property, other users, or anyone else; (3) to respond to judicial process or to provide information to law enforcement; or (4) as required by law.
Controlling your personal information:
If you would like to stop receiving marketing communications from us, simply click on the unsubscribe link located in the email you received from us or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that your option not to receive promotional and marketing material will not itself preclude us from corresponding with you regarding your existing or past business relationships with us (e.g., any purchase of our products or use of our services, or responses to requests for information to us either through use of the website or other means), and will not preclude us from accessing and viewing your information in the course of maintaining and improving our website and our services. Details on how you can request we cease processing your data or that we delete your personal data are provided below.
How we protect your information
We take the security of your data seriously and have implemented appropriate technical and organisational measures, including data encryption and restricted personnel access, to ensure your data is secure. We also have internal policies and measures in place to ensure that your data is not lost, accidentally destroyed, misused or disclosed, and is not accessed by anyone other than as set forth above. These policies and measures are regularly reviewed and, where appropriate, improved.
We do not knowingly collect personal information about individuals who are under the age of 13. If you learn that your child has provided us with personal information online without your knowledge, please contact us by sending an email to email@example.com, so that we may delete this information from our records.
You have certain rights with respect to the personal data you have provided through www.thelearningexperience.co.uk. For example, you may:
- access and obtain a copy of your data on request, typically free of charge, and in a machine-readable format;
- withdraw your consent to further processing of your data;
- require TLE to change incorrect or incomplete data;
- require TLE to delete or stop processing your data in certain circumstances, such as if the data is no longer necessary for the purposes of processing;
- request a review of a decision reached by automated means;
- in some instances, be informed of a breach involving your personal data; and
- file a complaint with an appropriate EU supervisory authority.