Our early childhood education programme for preppers has been developed and improved over 40 years. Our proprietary L.E.A.P. (Learning Experience Academic Programme) Curriculum for preppers includes Sign Language, manners and etiquette, physical fitness, and an introduction to hands-on technology and stimulating workbooks to prepare children for our preschool programme and beyond.
Together these programmes, along with educational enrichment programmes that are offered at no additional charge, provide a well-rounded early education—one that’s developed to meet and exceed EYFS standards and proven to get children on the path to a bright future.
Our approach to education for preppers (2 1/2 to 3 years old)
The prepper programme was designed to meet the special needs of maturing children to build a perfect bridge to the classroom that will come next.
My Little L.E.A.P.® Books
As children reach this stage, they experience rapid increases in physical, cognitive, developmental and social skills. We introduce them to My Little L.E.A.P.® Books, designed to challenge those skills and to teach children about language, letter recognition, shapes, colours, numbers, science, manners, etiquette, maths, art, music and physical fitness.
In our prepper programme toilet training continues to be reinforced and teachers are prepared for “accidents”.
Computers and technology
As society becomes increasingly more driven by technology, it’s more important that children are introduced to technology at an early age. At TLE®, our preppers begin this early education process with a very basic introduction to computers and technology.
What our curriculum for preppers includes
- Introduction to My Little L.E.A.P home learning books
- Begin to work with computers and participate in our L.E.A.P. Interactive® curriculum
- Introduction to phonics through our Phonics Early Connections kit
- Daily circle time to encourage social participation and communication
- British Sign Language
- Manners and etiquette
- Physical fitness and nutrition
- Outdoor time to encourage movement and socialisation
- Reinforced toilet training
- Build on vocabulary words and be encouraged to use them in sentences
- Be encouraged to answer simple questions to make predictions
- Begin to recognise letters, numbers, shapes, and colours independently
- Reinforce their toilet-training skills
- Develop the skills needed to be ready for preschool
The Show N Tell app
Our proprietary smartphone app is loaded with features that let parents check in on their children’s activities by receiving picture notifications during the day—an immense comfort to parents whose children are attending daycare for the very first time. It also gives parents the power to plan and stay organised. You can easily check your tuition balances and notify us of any upcoming absences, as well as stay on top of upcoming events and closures at your TLE® centre.